Get the look – Grunge
I can’t possibly think of dressing myself without a large injection of grunge into my wardrobe. I love the grungey style, because you can wear pretty much anything you like, and just a few additional accessories can make you pull off your dad’s old shirt or granny jumper!
A few key points when attempting the grunge trend;
– At least one item should be black; whether its a cool ass pair of creepers, over the knee socks, sunnies or a vest, black is a key ingredient to pulling it off.
– Symbolism – using some examples from the images above, the band shirts and vests to demonstrate what you like musically, and other things like yin yans, skulls, crosses.
– Oversized on top, undersized on bottom – go for a baggy vest or large shirt/jumper on top, and wear with the skinniest bottoms possible, or tights and shorts or a small skirt!
– Fabrics – leather is great for this look, but make sure it is fake, it can look just as good as real leather without the cruelty of wearing animal skin – opt for a cropped jacket or skinny trousers, or an oversized bag. Mix it up with ripped and weathered denim, lace and spandex.
– Accessorize – Big statement earrings or necklace (not both!), beanies are a definite must! Also head scarves, chokers and a fist full of rings!
GET THE LOOK…..
Black over the knee lycra socks –
eBay – £4.50